Thursday, February 14, 2013

Valentine's Ruffle Skirt


Remember the Halloween candy corn skirt? I decided to make a Valentine's version for LMS.


I bought red, dark pink, and white t-shirts from JoAnns (3 for $9) and used an old white t-shirt of mine for the base. 


 I had only intended to do three ruffles, but I didn't re-read the instructions very well. I ended up sewing the white one on first and then the red one. After the white I should have done the dark pink one, then the red one. Since I didn't do that, the space between the white and red was too wide for just the dark pink ruffle. So I dug through my scrap bag and found an old pink sundress of LMS'. It had some stains, but I was able to cut them out and still have enough fabric for a light pink ruffle. I think the light pink actually makes it all work.


I think it turned out super-cute! And it's big enough that she'll be able to wear it next year too :)

1 comment: