Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Ruffled Candy Corn Skirt

While browsing blog posts in Google Reader, I came across the cutest ruffled candy corn skirt here.

She upcycled old t-shirts, but I didn't have any old t-shirts to use. I checked the dollar store, hoping to find some cheap shirts there, but they only had black t-shirts. So I went to JoAnns, where I bought 3 adult size L shirts for $9. Not as good as free or $3, but $9 isn't terrible, and I have some scraps leftover for other projects.

Because I used adult L shirts I had to cut down the white shirt to use for the skirt base, but from there I followed her directions except I made the ruffles 5" instead of 4", which resulted in a longer skirt.

Getting the ruffles evenly spaced is always the part that takes the longest, but other than that, it was a quick and easy project. And it turned out large enough that she can wear it next year, too :) She got lots of compliments when she wore it the other day. I think we got the t-shirt at Target on clearance after Halloween last year.


Have you sewn any cute Halloween outfits?

1 comment: