Monday, October 24, 2016

Weekly Mileage

there's still a lot of green out there, but we did see some nice colors

Last week I spent time on the treadmill three times and went on one hike. My mileage is still a little lower than I'd like, but it's going back up. I wanted to do some running, but I just wasn't feeling it, so I just walked on the treadmill. I'm still not sleeping as well as I'd like, so I'm sure that was a contributing factor.

a slug, a hole in a tree, and a spiky caterpillar

I also had one work day: I finished staining the deck and patio in what turned out to be 80+ degree weather. Oil based stain and sweat do not mix well and I was so disgusting by the time I finished. I had planned on working on Saturday as well, but it was too windy to spray stain on the treehouse. It was a lot cooler that day, but the wind would have made a huge mess and wasted a lot of stain.

more fall foliage

We haven't been to our local park to hike for a few weeks, so it was nice to get back out there. This is the perfect time of year for it and we saw a lot of pretty leaves and critters and mushrooms. It was a lot of fun.

such a variety of mushrooms!

Last week's mileage:
Tuesday- walked 1.5 miles on our new-to-us treadmill
Wednesday- walked 3.13 miles on the treadmill and finished staining the back deck and the basement patio
Thursday- hiked 1.68 miles at our local trails park
Friday- walked 2.77 miles on the treadmill
         Total for the week: 9.08 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment