Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Family Photos, Part 1


While we were at the park this weekend, I played around with the 50mm lens we got for Christmas. Why did I put it off for so long? (oh wait, I've been pretty busy since Christmas...) It made a huge difference in photo quality and I can't wait to use it more.

We are getting family pictures done next week, so these are part 1, and just individual shots of everyone. I edited them a bit, and I'm quite happy with how they turned out.

Ocean has such an expressive little face. And look at those cheeks!



River decided to practice his solemn faces in his photos. I would have liked to get some smiles, but the fact that I got two clear photos of him sitting still was a win that I'll take.


This was the only one of Sunshine that I really liked, but I think it tuned out well- she even has a happy, non-forced smile. Which is harder to get than you'd think. I like how the pinks and blue pop against the fallen leaves.

It's hard to get good pics of Mr M. He gets self-conscious and ends up looking like he's in pain. So I'm particularly happy with these photos of him. In the first one he was laughing about the funny faces he always makes. In the second one it looks like he's pointing something out to Ocean. I love their expressions. And we actually got a good smile in the third photo :)



After I took photos of everyone, Mr M took a turn behind the lens and was able to get this one of me, which I thought turned out pretty good.

No comments:

Post a Comment