Monday, November 15, 2021

Weekly Mileage #242 and Another Karate Graduation

Monday I slept well, but was still tired all day. I've added a new supplement that's supposed to help with energy and focus, but the version I found locally has some other ingredients that might have a calming effect (I need to check on that), which is counterproductive. Or I'm just tired from being cold all weekend, or the time change, or a bit of all of it. (the most likely option)

Tuesday I managed music lessons and groceries, but I was still tired and didn't do a lot else. I did make it to karate class, though.

the boys built a little shelter out of dead branches during Sunshine's piano lesson

Wednesday I was still tired, so no run. I did clear up and put stuff away in my work space in the basement. While I was there, I cut leather with a die so I can make some keychains.

Ocean and I did an extra karate class so he could pass off his last requirement for graduation, which he did. On the way home, we stopped and bought a stuffed toy for Max, in the hope that she would stop stealing Oink Oink and everything else she finds within her reach. She used to have a stuffed animal that she'd carry around, but she eventually destroyed it. I was hoping she'd do the same, but no luck. She pulled out the squeaker, then the stuffing, and still tried to steal Oink Oink.

Thursday I finally had the energy to go on a trail run with Max.

I watched some webinars on email list building and Pinterest idea pins, which are both things I'm figuring out right now. I also did some edge finishing on leather samples to decide what I want to do with the key chains.

For our YW activity we did some Indexing. It's been years since I last did some, but it came back pretty quick.

Friday we went to park day then I ran errands with the kids, which was a good reminder of why I don't like taking them with me to do errands. 

I started working on a new leather project. It's literally been months since I came up with a new, from-scratch project. It feels good.

Saturday morning we had our karate graduation. We are now green belts! It was at the same location as last time, so masks were mandatory (yuck). It was sweltering last time but cold this time, which made it more bearable. With our green belts, we move from the beginners class to the intermediate class. We'll also start sparring and weapons.

Since we were on that side of town, we stopped by an apple orchard to buy a gallon of cider for my dad (it's the good stuff). But we didn't have jackets, only had our karate uniforms, and the orchard is on the top of a ridge that gets a lot of wind. Cold+wind = freezing and we weren't dressed for it. We hurriedly bought what we were looking for, then went home to warm up.

That afternoon the boys got their first covid vax shots and they'll get their 2nd in three weeks.

While Jeremy took them to get their shots, I did some more leatherwork.

Sunday I attended ward council, had a meeting with a member of our Stake YW Presidency, then had a class presidency meeting. So many meetings.

I did manage to delete or file nearly 3000 of the 5000 unread emails sitting in my various email inboxes. 6 months of unread emails. There's still more to do, but I got my main email box done, and that alone had more than 2500 unread in it, which was giving me some pretty major anxiety. I found some emails and receipts I need, so that was good.

Weekly Mileage 

Thursday-      1.87 miles             .5 hours
Friday-                                       2.0 hours
       total- 1.87 miles                         2.5 hours

2021 totals
273.0 outside hours
235.41 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment