Monday, November 1, 2021

Weekly Mileage #240 and My Tool Kits Finally Arrived

Monday I went for a trail run with Max, but it almost didn't happen. The gate to the parking lot was locked, even though it was 8:30 and it's supposed to be opened at 7. I started driving away, then saw the county truck, so I made a u-turn and went back.

In the early afternoon we picked up my three pallets of tool kits. The semi driver wasn't told by dispatch to meet me at a local grocery store parking lot, so he tried to go down our gravel road. He went part way, then chickened out (rightly so- there's not room for a semi to turn around, even with the enlarging we've done of our parking area) and called me. I directed him to the grocery store down the road and met him there.


Two trips with the trailer and we off-loaded 70 packages. I'm much happier this time around with the packing job. I'm fairly certain they were shipped on pallets, though my Chinese contact said that cost a lot more to do it that way. Although, given the exorbitant shipping fees I had to pay this time around, maybe it wasn't just because shipping fees have skyrocketed for everyone, maybe I did pay for pallets also. The shipping cartons didn't have the wear and tear I'd expect if they were just tossed around, like the first batch were. Even better, my toolkits were individually packed in a box, with 6 to a shipping carton. 

No breakage that I could see, and they sent 2 dozen empty toolkits (in individual boxes) to make up for the breakage last time around. The only misstep was that I went with the larger cutting mats, thinking they'd fit in the boxes with the toolkits, materials, and stitching ponies. They're too large to fit in the toolkit box, and I still need to see if they'll fit in the shipping boxes. Oops. So much for thinking I'd measured everything and it would work.

I laid on the bio mat for awhile after organizing the boxes in the shipping container, hoping to head off feeling like crap Tuesday.

It stormed enough that Scouts was canceled since we still meet outside. 

I had placed pickup orders for Whole Foods and Kroger, to be picked up after Scouts. So Jeremy went out to get the Whole Foods order. I was wondering why Kroger hadn't texted me with order info. Turns out I scheduled it for Tuesday night 🤦‍♀️ so frustrating- such a stupid mistake.

I made our costumes. I cut t-shirt transfer material in the shape of an m, then ironed the m's on to shirts in various rainbow colors for m&ms.

I woke up in the middle of the night again with acid reflux. It's so unpleasant and disrupted my sleep for a couple hours. On the plus side, laying on the bio mat on Monday did keet me from feeling on Tuesday.

Tuesday Jeremy's brother headed home, leaving just his parents here.  

the boys climbed trees while Sunshine had her lesson

Wednesday I went for a trail run with Max.

We took some M&M costume pics, but missed papa since he was on a work call.


In the afternoon Jeremy and I headed out for a getaway while his parents stayed with the kids. We rented a secluded mountain house an hour or so away. There were no neighbors and we had a great view of the valley below and the stars above.

valley below

hills and trees above

Thursday Jeremy's parents took the kids to the ward fall festival, which got moved up a day due to rain in the forecast.

cool fog layer in the valley Thursday morning

Friday we woke up to wind and rain. The noise of the rain in the downspout is actually what woke me up. We packed up, cleaned up, loaded the car in the rain, and headed home.

rain cut visibility a lot

That afternoon Sunshine and I got our flu shots.

During karate we all passed off Universal 2, except Ocean, who needs to practice a bit more.  

Saturday Jeremy's parents headed home. I went to Target for some props for the product photo shoot I'm doing on Monday.

Jeremy took the RV up to Shenandoah NP to empty and clean the tanks. He just needs to empty the freshwater tank and blow out the pipes and it'll be ready for winter, which is good, since it's supposed to be below freezing this week.

Weekly Mileage 

Monday-         1.60 miles            1.5 hours
Wednesday-   1.58 miles               .5 hours
       total- 1.58 miles                  2.0 hours

2021 totals
245.5 outside hours
228.76 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment