Monday, February 22, 2021

Weekly Mileage #204 and Blueberry Snow Ice Cream

Ocean's creativity- stacking LEGO vertically to make a character holding a shield and a sword

Monday I finished catching up on old blog posts, then worked on my site.

Tuesday I went for a walk with Max. She was super happy, and it was past due, but my hip is still sore so we're still not doing any running, much to her disgust.

After music lessons and speech therapy I went grocery shopping and had my cardiology follow up. He didn't have the results yet, which I knew would be the case, but the receptionist assured me the timing was fine. Te doc was not happy that I was told that. Apparently this isn't the first time this has happened. He was really nice about it though and said he'd call with the results from my monitor when he gets them.

I finished the last of the details on the site. Got my first blog post up, tweaked the mini sales page, and checked all the little details.

Wednesday I went on a hike with Max on frozen trails. They've been too wet to hike on, but since it got into the 20s last night, we could use them in the morning before they defrosted again.

I changed my Instagram name and posted about the name change, and the rebrand is done and official!

My new stickers- top group for my course, bottom two to include in shop orders.

I looked over my site with my accountability partner during our weekly call and she recommended I add some pics to the mini sales page, but otherwise it looks good. 

I finished off the final tweaks to my site, then tidied up my work space so I can start videoing. I also worked a little on my Pinterest account and read up some on how to use it. I need to figure it out for myself before I hire it out again.

Thursday was another snow day! We've gotten more snow this year than the last 3 years combined, I think. We were supposed to get 5-8", then they said 3-6", but we only ended up with maybe an inch of snow and ice. Very disappointing. I was looking forward to getting dumped on. I thought about hitting the trails with Max, but stayed home because of the ice. I don't mind driving on snow, but I don't like driving on ice.

Jeremy made a big bowl of blueberry snow ice cream with some of the snow that did fall

That night my YW class made treats on zoom. This seems to be a good way to use zoom, and is a better way to make treats than in person, since everyone has their own equipment and aren't all huddled around one stove.

Friday I went for a short walk with Max. I intended to hit the park trails, but the gates were closed, so we went to our wet weather bike path. I was on a schedule though, so we didn't have our full half hour to walk after driving from the park to the bike path. Better than nothing, though. 

After that, Sunshine and I had eye appts. It's back to bifocals for me (I had them after my mission when I went back to college, but ditched them around the time Sunshine was born). It's not a surprise. I've been having a much harder time reading up close with my glasses on. Sunshine got contacts for the first time, but has to get used to putting them in- she didn't manage it while we were there, so she'll keep trying them at home. Her astigmatism is bad enough that she has to use the toric lenses, which adds to the difficulty of sticking them in her eye (there's a definite up and down on them and they have to be in properly or she won't be able to see). Jeremy went in later that day for his eye exam, but he only has minor changes to his prescription.

While Sunshine was trying to put her contacts in, I tried frames on, but I really struggled. Between the mask and the eye dilation, I couldn't tell what they looked like. I went outside so I could take my mask off, but even though it was overcast, it was too bright for me to open my eyes. Hence the above pic. The frames are ok, but I didn't get them. It's cheaper just to buy them from Zenni Optical. I got glasses for both Sunshine and I for less than $100 and mine have the blue light blocker and progressive bifocal lenses. 

The dilation lasted longer than I remembered, though it was probably not helped by me insisting on reading. I spent a little time on the computer, but it made me too nauseous to keep going. But I have a really hard time just sitting and doing nothing, so I laid down and squinted at the Kindle app on my phone.


Saturday I took Max for a hike and we hit the sweet spot. The trails had started to melt Friday, then froze overnight, but defrosted just enough that morning that they weren't slick. 

A rare decent frontal view of Max standing still

I wore my YakTrax, for probably the first time since we lived in Colorado, for extra traction, but I probably would have been fine without them. It was a very loud hike with all the crunching through the top layer of ice, though as you can see in the pic above, Max doesn't weigh enough to break through that crust.

That afternoon the boys and I watched the Primary Friend to Friend broadcast. They liked it and I thought it was well done, especially given all the restrictions in place.

I spent some time ordering a couple clicker dies and a new brass mark. I've been putting it off, but I need to get moving, especially with the brass mark, which will take time to ship from China. Eventually I will need to order some custom clicker dies (these are pre-made) and an actual clicker press (my hydraulic press can handle small clicker dies, but it's not a long term solution). But clicker presses and custom clicker dies don't come cheap, so while I know I need them, I'm holding off a bit longer.

And then I started gathering all the info for our taxes. Last year around this time I said I wouldn't wait till tax time to update my records, but I did. Cutting down from 4 businesses to 2 did cut down on the work, but I still had to comb through emails and various service accounts to find all the receipts. Lots of fun. I'll try to stay more on top of it this year.

River's snaggle tooth- it's loose and he could make it poke out (Sunshine had a tooth that did this naturally and he wanted a picture of his snaggle tooth to go with hers)

Sunday was a busy day. I had ward youth council, church, a meeting with the bishop and a couple stake YW and YM leaders, and then a meeting with the other YW presidencies in the stake. So many meetings. And Jeremy had drill all weekend and was glued to his computer, in meetings all day. Lots of fun.  

That snaggle tooth came out! He's lost 4 teeth now and think he's so cool 😉

With all the gaps in his teeth, his tongue pokes right through.

Since I was taking pictures of River, Ocean wanted some pictures too. If you look closely, you can see his hazel eyes that come through my mom's side. My cousin's kids have the same hazel eyes. Sunshine and Jeremy have matching two-tone hazel eyes, but they're a totally different hazel than Ocean's. And River has my dark brown eyes.

Weekly Mileage
Tuesday- 1.82 miles walked            .5 hours outside
Wednesday- 1.84 miles hiked       .5 hours outside
Friday- 1.45 miles walked         .5 hours outside
Saturday- 2.07 miles hiked        .5 hours outside
       total- 7.18 miles              2.0 hours

2021 totals
32.5 outside hours
69.09 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment