Monday, February 1, 2021

Weekly Mileage #201 and the Snowstorm

Monday was a maker day as I worked on more buckets for an order. Once I get the course  up and running I'm going to have Monday and Tuesday as maker days to build up my stock on hand, and Wednesday- Friday will be for online work (social media scheduling, blog posts, backend work, etc). Hopefully I can get to the point where I add another maker day in and spend less time on the computer, but it'll take awhile to get there.

Tuesday I finished the notebook for our chiropractor- I'd started it last month in hopes of giving it to him at my last appointment, but didn't have a satisfactory final version. I set it aside to work on other projects, but I had another appointment this week, so it was time to nail it down. I had to make it twice- the first one was just a smidge too small to fit the notebook. I finished that one Monday evening and redid it on Tuesday. 

After remaking the pattern, the second one turned out just right. I'm actually really happy with how it turned out. I used scraps from the music notebooks I used to make, so it's a good use of leather, and I have the enough pieces set aside for five more that I'll list in my shop.

After finishing the notebook, I finally focused back on my website. I've put off finishing it for too long.

Wednesday we met our friends at the church parking lot with scooters. The parking lot was wet in places and slick, so River slipped and fell twice. The first time he caught himself with his chin and now he's got a nice scrape and bruise. The second time he didn't draw blood, but it did add insult to injury. We thought the parking lot was a good alternative since the trails were wet, but apparently not.

I did more site work. I finally finished setting up 90% of the backbone of the site. I tried to setup my business FaceBook page, but messed something up somewhere along the lines. I deleted it and have to wait til it's out of the system to try again. I really dislike the business end of FaceBook- it's super frustrating and confusing to work with.

My new stickers and tape arrived. I like how the stickers turned out. I don't love the tape, but it's not awful. I'll just change things up before I re-order it.


Thursday morning I ran some errands and my chiropractor appointment. He loved the notebook (he keeps bees and sells honey, which is why I engraved the bee and honey comb design on it). 

I worked some more on my site. I'm now building out the product listings, but our internet is running super slow, so it's taking forever. 

The good thing is that over the last week all the utilities were marked and Thursday morning they started digging to hook us up to the Comcast connector box. We'll be getting faster internet soon!

We currently have DSL with speeds that average about 3mbs, if we're lucky, for $85/month. With Comcast we'll be getting 300 mbs for $65/month. Now, we did have to pay an exorbitant amount of money to get the line installed (which is why we didn't do it years ago), but we're at the point where we cannot get our work done at our current slow speeds.

Friday I was up about an hour or so earlier than usual so I could go to the cardiologist. I got my echocardiogram, an ultrasound of the heart. It was pretty cool to see. I also got my monitor put on- it just sticks on. Hopefully it stays for two weeks and doesn't cause irritation. I do have problems with a lot of adhesives causing irritation, so we'll see how it goes.

Everything only took 45 minutes instead of the projected hour and a half that I was told, so when I got home I took Max for a much-needed run. Between bad weather and morning obligations we haven't gone running since Monday.

It was a cold run. It was below freezing, despite being almost 10am by the time we hit the trail. Which was actually good, since it meant the muddy trails hadn't actually defrosted into a muddy mess.

The workers were still working on installing the line. It's pretty cool to watch the horizontal cable drill thingy. We were watching it from an upstairs window (the best vantage point we could get) and I fell asleep for a bit. The first nap I've had in a really long time, but I just couldn't stay awake any longer. I really do need at least 7 hours of sleep a night, and I didn't get it Thursday night. 

I did some more site work. I'm still working on the product listings.


I decided to add to my product listings on my new site, expanding my offerings, so on Saturday I started some journals. While I was doing that, Sunshine helped with an Eagle project for more service hours.

Ocean force pushing 🤣

Sunday we got some snow! 4-5 inches, I think. First good snowstorm of the year, and more than we got last year (and maybe the year before?).

I caught her wiping out as she pounced around the back deck

Max is hilarious. She hates rain, but loves the snow. She pounces around in it and eats it.


Weekly Mileage
Monday- 2.20 miles run and hiked          2.5 hours outside
Wednesday- 1.90 miles walked    .5 hours outside
Friday- 2.27 miles run and hiked        .5 hours outside
Saturday- 2.50 mild run and hiked    .5 hours outside
       total- 8.87 miles              3.5 hours

2021 totals
24 outside hours
49.0 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment