Sunday, October 18, 2020

Sunday Funny


Our second Sunday back at in-person church it was my turn to go with the older two kiddos. There was a new family there and after sacrament meeting we had the chance to talk for a few minutes outside. The adults were having a nice chat, but the kids got bored. River and the 10 year old daughter ended up sitting on the curb by the cars in the shade, talking.

As we buckled into our seats to drive home, River said, "I'm going to marry (her name) when I get older."

Me: "Oh? Why do you want to marry her?"

River: "Because she's pretty."

Me: "Ok, but you've got awhile before you'll be old enough to get married."

pause

River: "I should get her number so I can contact her when I get older."

(Sunshine and I were dying at this point, trying not to laugh. So funny, but also sweet.)

This was followed by a discussion of whether she has a phone number (probably not) and whether it would be the same 15 years from now. Though Jeremy has had the same number for 19 years or so, so it's not completely unheard of.

No comments:

Post a Comment