Monday, October 5, 2020

Weekly Mileage #184 and Shop Updates

Max doesn't understand the concept of selfies

I started the day on Monday with a bike ride. Then we did school and I ran errands. I did a photo shoot for my finished products. My photos are improving, but I'm still not completely happy with the quality. There's still room for improvement.

one of my photo setups

Scouts that night was a skills Olympics and I manned the dart shooting station.

It was supposed to rain Tuesday morning, so I rode my bike. It didn't rain then, but it did rain all afternoon and night, which meant no trail running Wednesday morning.

We had music lessons and did school. Then I fixed an email address for my site that hasn't been receiving emails, probably since I switched from Word Press to Shopify at the beginning of the year. I didn't know it wasn't working till Monday, when I sent a test email that didn't go through. I got it fixed just in time to receive an email from the lawyer I'd requested a consult for regarding my liability waiver. Good timing.

I worked on editing the photos I took for my shop listings.

Wednesday I went for another bike ride, then we did school. After lunch I had my weekly accountability meeting via zoom.

Then it was more photo editing, writing my shop listings, and updating my social media accounts. This last one was prepping for a new virtual assistant, and I also placed the request for a Pinterest VA who's experienced in ecommerce and promoted pins (my last one didn't feel she had the experience, or the time to learn).


Thursday morning Max and I went for a trail run. She was super excited to go with me and not be left at home like the last time I went running.

In the afternoon I worked some more on writing my shop listings (they take me forever, since I have to have everything ready- not just a description, but the dimensions of the item, the size and weight of the box/bag it will ship in, and so on. I also took a couple more photos for two of the listings and edited them.

another photo setup. while this one requires less moving things around, because it's on top of the Glowforge the tripod can't always get the angles I want.

Friday we met our friends at the park for the kids to run around. In the afternoon River got his stitches out. His wound is healing well, though the area closest to the corner of his mouth was cut the deepest and still needs butterfly bandages to keep it from stretching or reopening. 

I spent some time doing backend updates on my site and started setting up the email service for my site (I never did it when I switched from WP to Shopify) and my first signup forms.

we stopped by Target to get some butterfly bandages and he wanted me to take a picture of him standing on the giant red ball.

My leather sewing machine arrived Friday afternoon. It was only gone for two weeks, which was less time than even the quickest semi-local shop could guarantee. I haven't had a chance to set it up and try it out, but hopefully it will be fixed. Based on the list of things they fixed, it should work a lot better.

Saturday morning Jeremy and I took a trailer load of old pallets and some treated wood pieces that the boys have been playing with and leaving scattered all over the yard to the dump. The pallets were around the trash cans, but not keeping the bear out, so we bought a small trash can shed. 

screenshot as I scrolled down my site on my cell- I think it's looking good!

It was General Conference weekend, so we spent a chunk of time listening to the sessions. In between, I worked on finishing up my site stuff. 

I also decided on project possibilities for my course. I plan on having four main projects, and I have three versions for each of those projects. Early bird enrollees will get to vote on which version of each project they'd like to see in the course. 

I set up basic email automations. I need to add some more emails to cover different scenarios and such, but the initial ones that people receive after signing up for a discount or info on the course are done. 

With new products listed in my shop and my site updated, I can now focus on getting my course ready to go.

------

While it takes a little more effort and planning, starting the day with a half hour or so of exercise seems to have a positive impact on how I feel. Well, I actually already knew this, but it's easy to forget. I'm hoping that I can remember it and get in the habit of starting my day with exercise. This week I actually felt pretty good. My energy levels were decent and most days I didn't need caffeine to stay focused in the afternoon. 

Weekly Mileage
Monday- 5.00 miles biked
Tuesday- 5.00 miles biked
Wednesday- 5.00 miles biked
Thursday- 1.70 miles run
total- 16.70 miles

2020 totals
32 hikes towards #52hikechallenge
0 kayak miles towards #365milechallenge
176.45 outdoor foot miles towards #365milechallenge
22.50 indoor foot miles towards #365milechallenge
275.0 bike miles towards #365milechallenge
473.95 miles total

No comments:

Post a Comment