Monday, June 29, 2020

Weekly Mileage #170 and Our First Camping Trip of the Year


Monday I did some more alcohol ink experimentation. I'm getting closer to the look I'm after, but still not quite there. After a bit of research I decided to order a few more supplies to see if they help me achieve the look I want.


Tuesday I voted. We had online music lessons, and I went for a bike ride in the basement.


Then I worked on a new bag pattern- a smaller version of the tote bag I previously made. I like it, but sometimes you want something a little smaller.




Wednesday I went for a super hot and humid trail run. I found some cool fauna, but I am sooo glad I didn't do my 50k on this day as I'd originally planned. It would not have gone nearly as well as it did.


We did a couple ground firecrackers in the driveway that evening. Ocean was worried about the noise, so he went and grabbed a pair of earmuffs 😂


Thursday I went to the chiropractor and ran a couple errands, which were mostly prep for our camping trip. But further packing and preparation didn't happen as a migraine came on in the afternoon.

Friday we went on our first camping trip of the year. We spent the morning packing and loading the RV.  Not optimal from a stress point of view, but we only left about an hour later than planned, so it could have been worse.


This little guy was super happy to leave the house. He doesn't get to very often these days....


One of the boys took a picture of me and daddy's leg 😂

We drove about an hour and a half south and camped on the edge of a field, next to a river.


We played in the river.




This is very representative of Ocean. Dirty, but happy. Though frequently he's even dirtier.

 

This was pretty neat:

The glowing orange specks on the log are smoldering moss.


There was lots of room for the boys to run around- always a drawback of crowded campgrounds.

This was the view from the edge of the river, looking up the bank.




There was some really cute little piglets in the field next to us. Super tame and if you started scratching their tummy, they'd do these cute little grunts, fall down, and roll over onto their tummies so they could get even more scratches.


The view from where the piggies were. The river was at our backs.

There were a couple tent campers, but they were far enough away they couldn't hear our generator and we couldn't hear or see them. It was a great spot! I found it using HipCamp, which was a new-to-us app for people to list their property for tent camping or RV camping, like AirBnB, but strictly for campsites.

We had thought about visiting the local sights, but decided against it- Ocean is not the best at following directions and still puts his hands in his mouth all the time, so better not to. So we just hung around our campsite, played in the river, and relaxed.

Sunday we drove back home, and that evening Jeremy and I had our temple recommend interviews via zoom.

Weekly Mileage
Tuesday- 10.0 miles biked
Wednesday- 3.50 miles run and walked
total- 13.50 miles

2020 totals
24 hikes towards #52hikechallenge
0 kayak miles towards #365milechallenge
157.49 outdoor foot miles towards #365milechallenge
11.00 indoor foot miles towards #365milechallenge
170.0 bike miles towards #365milechallenge
338.49 miles total

No comments:

Post a Comment