Monday, April 8, 2019

Weekly Mileage #106 and the Day I Lost My Voice

pretty flower we found on our hike in the forest with my dad last week

Last week I mentioned that I was sick and had mostly lost my voice Saturday and Sunday. Monday I woke without a voice at all. This made answering the phone fun, since I took the CRV in to get the muffler looked at and they had to call to let me know what was wrong, and then again to let me know we could pick it up. (we ended up replacing the muffler)

Tuesday my voice wasn't quite as bad (ie, there was a small amount of sound when I talked), but my cold was worse. Usually after a week I'm feeling better, but that has not been the case with this cold. My voice has gradually returned, but it's still a bit croaky, more than a week after I first started losing it. I've never had laryngitis hang around this long.

The good thing in all this was that it was spring break for the local schools, so the only thing I had to cancel was music lessons Tuesday morning. We did have nature group Wednesday afternoon, but everything else was on break, which made for an easier, less stressful week.

Tuesday evening Mr M had his sleep study. He doesn't have the results yet, but they never woke him up to put a C-Pap on, so we're fairly confident he doesn't have sleep apnea.

Despite feeling crummy because of this never-ending cold, I did have a productive week. I didn't get any mileage in, but I did finish setting things up for my second blog. I handed things off to my Pinterest VA so she can start pinning the posts and driving traffic to it.

I finished the dresser I was working on last week, and I'll share pics later this week.

I started reupholstering our two padded dining chairs. The seats of both are done, but I have to sew the slipcovers for the backs still. I'll share pictures of those next week probably, once they're done.

I finally finished cutting down all my race shirts to make into quilts. I've enough for two quilts so far- one for all the races I've done since I started running again after Carys was born, and one for my 40 by 40 goal. I can start piecing together the first one, but I'll need to do some more work on the 40 by 40 quilt before I piece it together. I plan on embroidering the type of race (glow, trail, road, etc) and the number (1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc) on each shirt.

what our fireplace has looked like for the last 6 or so years

Saturday night I got a hair up my nose while rearranging rugs and furniture and took a hammer to the 2x4 base in front of the gas fireplace in the living room. It's been bare wood since I removed the nasty black slate that used to surround the fireplace six and a half years ago.


We'll soon be cutting the mantle piece (finally), and then we can finish the fireplace, so I've been thinking about what we'll do with it. We won't be leaving that awkward step, so since my tools were out, I started whaling on the frame. Whoever built it used 4" nails, so it was a pain to pull apart, but I managed it in the end.

These boards are still a bit taller than the surrounding flooring, but it's much better than what was there.
I need to dig out a board to place across the front, under the fireplace.

In between all that, we watched General Conference and enjoyed some warmer weather and intermittent sunshine.

Weekly Mileage
total- 0.0  miles

9 hikes towards #52hikechallenge
0 kayak miles towards #365milechallenge
34.87 outdoor foot miles towards #365milechallenge
11.15 indoor foot miles towards #365milechallenge
46.02 bike miles towards #365milechallenge
106.02 miles total

No comments:

Post a Comment