Monday, April 15, 2019

Weekly Mileage #107 and the Carport Clearing


I still wasn't feeling great most of the week, but my voice is mostly back and I did get a lot done, though not as much exercising as I wanted.

This winter has been so much healthier than the last 4 or 5 winters (no every-other-week colds because the boys brought home germs from nursery, and no flu and strep like we got last winter), which I am very grateful for. But I'm also kind of annoyed at how long this cold has hung around. It wasn't until Friday of this week that I really started feeling better- almost three weeks after I first started feeling crummy.

I finished recovering the kitchen chairs that I started last week. I'll share pics later this week.


I dragged the kids out for a hike on Thursday despite us all feeling a bit under the weather. We felt better after getting out in the fresh air, as I knew we would. When we got home, we spent a few minutes cleaning up bits of trampoline mat that had been scattered around the yard. The trampoline is six years old now, I think, and the mat over the springs is brittle. The boys (ours and the neighbors) figured this out and have destroyed the mat bit by bit over the last 6 months or so. Bits of teal canvas and pink foam have been making our yard look like a junk heap.


We got that all cleaned up, and now need to buy a new safety net. One hole led to another, and now the net is useless. Ahh, life with destructive little boys....

this is what it looked like a couple months ago before I started clearing things out

Saturday morning Sunshine and I were up early so I could take her to a Scout activity. I came home and did some more chainsawing and clearing wood and brush. I've got the biggest logs cut to length and everything cleared from the space where we'll put the carport. Well, everything that can be moved without a bobcat to help. It looks so much better!

what it looks like now

There are two other spots in the yard that need some chainsawing done and wood and brush moved, but this was definitely the worst spot and was holding us back from renting the bobcat and doing more site work. That will happen in May, and we'll also be bringing in a mobile sawmill to get those logs cut into planks and a mantel piece for our fireplace.

I did all the loading and unloading of the wood into the lawn tractor trailer, other than a tiny bit of help from River. Definitely got my workout for the day. Sunshine was at her Scout activity and Mr M was fixing yet another hole in our plumbing, which is why they weren't helping me.

We've come to the conclusion that we will have to replace all the plumbing before we sell the house. All the PEX joints are failing, causing small leaks that are only found once they've soaked through the drywall. Such a pain on several levels, and not covered by insurance (we've checked).

~~~~~

Now that I've finished setting up everything for my second blog, I have a bit more time to get caught up on other things, like some marketing courses I purchased but never had time to finish. It's good because I feel like I'm in a position to act upon the stuff I'm learning, which hasn't been the case in the past.

I've been busy batching some blog posts for the coming weeks for my other blogs. I have a couple more to finish up, and then I'll have all my posts for the rest of the month ready and scheduled. This will give me the time to get started working on the RV. We had a branch fall and poke a hole in the roof sometime last spring or summer and cause some water damage to the ceiling and wall. We didn't have time or energy to do anything sooner, but now I do. I want to get as much done as possible before it gets too hot and humid, and it needs to be done before our road trip this summer, so I need to get started.

Since we'll be selling the RV in the next year or so, we have to make the repair job look as nice as possible, which means we'll most likely end up painting the entire interior of the RV. It'll be worth it in the end, but we'll have to pull out some of the cabinets and as much furniture as we can so we can sand and paint the walls and cabinets. Not necessarily difficult, but time-consuming and fiddly.

Weekly Mileage
Thursday- 1.75 miles hiked with kiddos
Thursday- 1.25 miles walked around the yard and driveway
Saturday- 2.00 miles walked while cutting and stacking wood
total- 5.00  miles

10 hikes towards #52hikechallenge
0 kayak miles towards #365milechallenge
39.87 outdoor foot miles towards #365milechallenge
11.15 indoor foot miles towards #365milechallenge
60.00 bike miles towards #365milechallenge
111.02 miles total

No comments:

Post a Comment