Thursday, April 11, 2019

Updated Dresser


Above is the lingerie dresser I updated and repurposed as a filing cabinet. Because actual filing cabinets are ugly and this is in our living room.

I found it on craigslist, but forgot to take a picture until I had already started sanding. And yes, I was too lazy to put the drawers back in for the picture. But you get the idea. It was a boring, uninspired brown dresser.



I lightly sanded it all over, then primed it. Then I painted it blue. I ended up having to do two coats because the first coat was a little too... intense. I toned down the next coat with some black paint, but it still came out on the bright side. Though it looks brighter in the picture than in reality.


In any case, I wasn't too worried, because I had plans to use a dark wax on top, and I knew it would tone down the color a lot.


I also painted the brass hardware with oil rubbed bronze paint before reattaching them.


It's actually really hard to photograph and get an accurate idea of the color. The first pic in the post is close, but a little grayer than in reality. The one below is close, though also not quite right. Regardless of how the color does or doesn't look, I'm happy with how it turned out and am looking forward to keeping my papers better organized.

No comments:

Post a Comment