Monday, December 31, 2018

Weekly Mileage #92 and Christmas

first year that we've gotten all three kids smiling in front of the Christmas tree, and I only took a couple pictures total

Christmas this year was relatively calm and quiet. We didn't have any family visiting, though Mr M did take Christmas dinner to the guys at work (just as he did at Thanksgiving) as a bribe/thank you for working the holiday.

this barbed wire has been there a looooong time

Wednesday I left the kiddos home with Mr M and went on a solo hike. No white Christmas for us, but at least we had great weather for hiking: cool, but not too cold, and sunny. There were lots of people at the park with their families, horses, dogs, etc. I explored another new loop in our local trails park and crisscrossed paths with some horses a couple times.

more barbed wire embedded in a tree, this time with a poison ivy vine growing up the tree as well

Wednesday I also received a replacement GlowForge. My first one developed some issues that couldn't be resolved remotely, so they sent me a new one and had me send the first one in to get looked at. The timing was a pain, since I'd planned on using it on some Christmas presents, but it's just one of those things you can't control. We did something different for the Christmas presents, but I waited for the new one to make our ornaments to send to the grandparents. I'll share a couple more pics in another post.


Thursday I took the kids to the trails park and did the loop I hiked last Saturday. A lot of people were still on Christmas vacation and enjoying the continued nice weather. We crossed paths with dogs and horses and had a good hike.


Friday I biked my last 10 miles of the year and finally hit 365 bike miles. I tried to take it easy, but I was still pretty tired afterwards. As always, my foot was a bit sore afterwards, but not too bad. My foot flexibility is improving as well.

this was what was left of the trail. there's a bench on the left and the river is just a few feet further on, behind me was further evidence of the flood waters that had come through

Saturday I went into town to run a few errands and squeeze in another hike (it rained on Friday, and I wanted to avoid the trails park that was already muddy before more rain dumped on it). I had to change my hiking plans when the trail I'd planned on going to was inaccessible because so many people were out enjoying the weather (sunny and about 63*). I went to another park and explored some new-to-me trails. Parts were down by the river, and it was very obvious that at one point (or several points, given the weather this year), the river had been high enough to wash out the lower trails. The river was still running high, though not at flood stage or flash flood stage.


If you check the running totals at the bottom of this page, you'll see that I am now at 51 hikes for the year! I'll complete the 52nd hike later today. Yay for achieving goals!

rock cairn I found in a clearing

Weekly Mileage
Wednesday- 3.40 miles hiked
Thursday- 2.40 miles hiked
Friday- 10.0 miles biked
Saturday- 2.20 miles hiked
total- 18.00 miles

51 hikes towards #52hikechallenge
2.14 kayak miles towards #365milechallenge
385.20 foot miles towards #365milechallenge
365.00 bike miles towards #365milechallenge
752.34 miles total

No comments:

Post a Comment