Monday, December 24, 2018

Weekly Mileage #91 and all the Hikes


I did five hikes this past week, and now only have four more to finish by the end of the year for my #52hikechallenge. Although, I just checked my notes, and my first hike of 2018 didn't actually happen until Feb 15, after I got influenza A, but before I got strep. So I technically have a month and a half still to go, but I'm sticking with December 31 as the cutoff. It's also the cutoff for the #365milechallenge, so it's easier just to keep everything on the same timeline.

Monday I hiked a trail in town down by the river while the boys were at preschool. I had a chiropractic appointment, so I found a trail nearby to get a hike in before picking up the boys. After I picked them up, we went for another hike.

Wednesday morning Ocean had his audiology followup. His hearing is actually slightly better than last time, though still not great. And his eardrums are still really stiff. One more week until he gets tubes, and then hopefully we'll start seeing a lot more progress with his ears, hearing, and speech.


That afternoon he and I went for a hike after his IEP meeting. He'll be receiving half an hour of speech therapy, twice a week, but we don't have a start date. At this point, I'm sure it won't be until after New Years. The hike we did was a new one for us. I knew there was some trails at this park, but had never been on them. I think this is the local high school's cross country course, and I would love to run these trails sometime. It's hilly, but mostly wooded, and would be a fantastic trail run. We'll be doing this one again.


I didn't ride my bike Tuesday morning like I usually do because Sunshine had an orthodontist appointment. Her retainer doesn't fit any more because of the way her teeth are growing in. They took an impression and she'll get a new one in a couple weeks. I rode my bike Thursday instead, and was tempted to just knock out the final 10 miles as well as the 10 I had scheduled for the week, but I didn't have time because we all had dentist appointments after lunch. We all came out without cavities (woohoo!) and everyone thought the boys were super cute and well behaved. Which they are, until they get bored ;)

a rare tree with a lot of its leaves still, and some of them are even still green

It was a wet week (again), so I picked a gravel trail in town for our Friday hike. I thought it was going to rain while we were hiking, but we lucked out and it didn't start until we were on our way home.


Saturday I went to our local trails park for a hike by myself. I did a loop we've never hiked, but I'll definitely be doing it again. The terrain on that side of the park is different from the usual trails we hike, which is a nice change of pace. I do like hiking by myself- I can go faster and push myself harder than if the kids are with me. I can also stop for a break when I need to :) I could definitely feel how out of shape I am, but it felt good to push myself.

sunset through the trees

sunset through the trees

Weekly Mileage
Monday- 2.35 miles hiked by myself
Monday- 1.61 miles hiked with the boys
Wednesday- 1.59 miles hiked with Ocean
Thursday- 10.0 miles biked
Friday- 2.33 miles hiked with the boys
Saturday- 2.50 miles hiked by myself
total- 20.38 miles

48 hikes towards #52hikechallenge
2.14 kayak miles towards #365milechallenge
377.20 foot miles towards #365milechallenge
355.00 bike miles towards #365milechallenge
734.34 miles total

No comments:

Post a Comment