Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Unemployment Reprieve

Mr M has been working for the last couple months at a temporary position that will last for about another year. It was originally supposed to be just a month or so, which is why I didn't mention it sooner, but it got extended. It involves a lot of travel, but it's a steady paycheck, improves his skills for his resume, and gives us more time to find a more long-term job.

So we're not out of the job-hunting woods yet, but we do have a reprieve.

This isn't the first time Mr M has been unemployed, and we've learned some things along the way that I thought I'd share here.

In my next couple posts I'll be sharing how we survived our second major unemployment period and what we've learned from being unemployed. Maybe this will help someone who might read this, but maybe it's just here as a reminder of what we've learned. I don't know about you, but I forget things a lot quicker than I should.

No comments:

Post a Comment