Monday, November 3, 2014

Final Halloween Pictures


Thursday night we went to our ward's trunk or treat activity. I took this cute picture of River wandering around in his Yoda costume. I think the bib really makes the outfit :)  I turned back the sleeves so we wouldn't get them dirty, so you can see how I attached the Yoda hands to his sleeves. There's also a better view of the booties.

A group picture of us with our lightsabers out. Mr M wore a tan shirt this time since he knew River wouldn't be on his back all the time and he didn't want to wear a backward shirt with writing.

I managed to get this great picture of River. I love his expression! He looks so excited to have Daddy's lightsaber.

While we were outside Sunshine and I posed for some action shots.

I like the blur of my lightsaber in this picture.

Got her!

Thursday afternoon I took a few minutes and sewed up some treat bags for the kiddos. I made a little backpack for Sunshine and I sewed handles to the top edge so she could easily hold it open for the trick or treating portion of the night. When she wasn't trick or treating, she could wear it on her back.

River didn't really need one, but I made a little bag for him as well :)

I did allow my OCD to take over on one thing. As I spent time editing pictures and working on blog posts, I realized the lightsabers just didn't look right. The thicker, bigger ends really needed to be the ends the blades came out of, not the clip ends. And it's much more intuitive to have the power buttons  at the top of the handle, rather than at the bottom.

So I pulled out my drill and drilled some new holes in the other ends and moved the clips. Since there were holes in the blade ends, I added a few more around the ends as "vents". So it looks like the holes are on purpose :) I think it looks a lot better now. OCD appeased.

And here they are in action:

We had a lot of fun dressing as Star Wars characters and we got lots of compliments, but this isn't the first time Sunshine has been a character from Star Wars. Three years ago, she was Princess Leia. Isn't she a cutie?

No comments:

Post a Comment