Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Consistent Exercise

River getting his exercise at scouts the other night


Lately I've been working on being more consistent with my exercising. I can only run 2-3 times a week, since I'm still dealing with my foot issues (they're much better, but I don't want to overdo things and injure myself again), and for awhile that's all I was doing.

However, when I just run every other day it's too easy to say, "I don't have time today, so I'll do it tomorrow." And then tomorrow comes, and maybe I'm feeling under the weather a little so I push my workout off another day. And so it keeps going.

A few weeks ago I realized that if I walked on the days I didn't run it would be easier to be more consistent. Since I've committed to being on the treadmill every morning, I'm establishing the habit of exercising every day and it's making it easier to walk or run even on the days I don't really feel like exercising. It's amazing how much of a difference it makes to just do something every day. And if I truly don't feel well on a run day, I can still walk and get the benefit of staying active.

Now if I could just get to bed earlier and wake up earlier....

No comments:

Post a Comment