Friday, July 4, 2014

Nature Day Camp

The nature class Sunshine took in the fall also holds week-long day camps and sleep-away camps in the summer.

The summer location's a bit far away, though it's actually closer than I thought since I was able to mostly drive on back roads with no traffic. We were able to arrange a carpool with another family so I drove the girls in the morning and the other family picked them up in the afternoon. This made it quite manageable and River got in some really good afternoon naps that wouldn't have happened if we'd been doing taxi duty.

The camp is held at a Girl Scout camp and they go on hikes, play in the creek, swim in the swimming hole, learn about plants and animals, and get dirty. Everything kids love to do!

Though they did manage to get the kids cleaned up fairly well before sending them home, so I don't have any good pics of how dirty she really managed to get :)

One morning with her backpack full of supplies: swimsuit, towel, lunch, water bottle

Thursday night the kids had the option of sleeping over, and Sunshine had no qualms about staying. She'd missed her chance in the fall because it was 20 degrees the night they were supposed to have their end-of-class campout. That morning I dropped off the girls and Sunshine took off to get her stuff to her tent. I had to call her back to tell me goodbye- she's clearly more ready for these things than I am!

Sunshine on the right with her pink backpack and duffel

When I picked her up on Friday she looked tired. She claims she got a lot of sleep, but I have my doubts :) I asked if she had fun and wanted to go back next year, and she exclaimed "of course!"

No comments:

Post a Comment