Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Changing Nicknames

Since I started this blog 6 years ago (wow, has it really been that long?), I've always used nicknames for my husband and daughter. When I was pregnant with our son, he got a nickname too.

I've decided the time has come to change up the nicknames a bit. I want to simplify them and do away with the acronyms. They're convenient when typing, but I think they end up just being confusing.


Little Miss Sunshine (LMS) isn't as little as she used to be (she was 2 when I started out), so from here on out I'll just be calling her Sunshine.

The Little Mister (TLM) was a useful name when he was first born, but his personality is showing now, so River will be his new nickname. Rivers keep moving and never stop, just like him :)

I was going to change Mr Mellow's (Mr M) nickname since I am getting rid of initials for the kiddos, but I think I'll keep it. It's convenient and makes it fairly obvious that he's my husband as opposed to one of the kiddos.

And then there's me. I'm still Jen.

On a side note, I posted my 1000th post last week and I missed it. If I were on top of things I'd celebrate, but it's summer vacation and that's not going to happen :)

How about a picture of the cake our Primary President made Sunshine for turning 8/getting baptized? Two layer, gluten free chocolate cake with chocolate icing. It was delicious! Though it didn't survive our bumpy driveway unscathed...

No comments:

Post a Comment