Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Enjoying the Spring Weather

Saturday was a rare day of absolutely no obligations to be at various places at various times throughout the day.

So I took advantage of that fact and left the kiddos home with their daddy and went for a run.

It's been awhile since I've run by myself (other than in a race) outside. The few times I've managed to run outside recently, TLM was riding along in Bob.

It was so nice, glorious, refreshing, relaxing, rejuvenating... what other superlatives can I come up with?

The only thing I took with me was my Garmin- no keys, no cell phone, not even my pepper spray (ok, that was because I couldn't remember where I put it, but still...). It was quite liberating to run without a lot of stuff.

As I ran, I remembered that there's 4 or 5 good hills in the neighborhoods around us that I can use to train for my half in September. The net gain during the race isn't a lot, but it's enough to have me a little worried about making sure I train properly.

It was a good run and I can't wait for a repeat. Which won't be for a few weeks, but it's something to look forward to. In the meantime, it's back to the treadmill.

Yesterday I was feeling motivated (for the first time in a long time) and actually managed to hop on the treadmill, which turned out to not be quite as soul-sucking as I'd been remembering it to be. Apparently I was feeling really motivated, because I even did some hill work. It was tough, but it felt good and didn't leave me too sore.

I mentioned last week that I'd changed my vitamins and I think it's definitely helped my energy levels, which has made these workouts a reality. I think next week I'll do a post on what I've changed. It's nice to be physically able to exercise again and feel good. And spring time is such a nice time of year to get out and run.

Have you gone for a run outdoors lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment