Friday, March 21, 2014

A Dance Bag for LMS

But it's more than just a bag for the ghillies she wears for her Irish dance class. I included a PUL sleeve for her water bottle (dancing is thirsty work!) to keep the moisture away from her leather ghillies.

I was going to use the bright pink flowered fabric (a heavier cotton), but liked how the minky pink polka dots matched the brown and pink flowered PUL. I can't remember what kind of fabric the pink polka dots is, but while minky on one side, the other is woven and it was much easier to work with than standard minky fleeces. I only purchased the PUL; I had the other two fabrics in my stash.


This was my first time sewing with PUL, and it wasn't too bad. Of course, I wasn't doing anything too involved, either, so I don't have a true idea of how to deal with it. I doubled the PUL so the pretty print could be easily seen. The edges of the PUL are sewn into the side of the bag so there's no exposed seams for water to seep out of.


I made this late at night, without a real plan, but it turned out pretty good. There's a couple details I'm thinking about tweaking because I don't quite like how they turned out, like how I attached the PUL sleeve. I'd like to make another bag some time, but I have to be getting more sleep for that to happen :) In the meantime, LMS likes it and it's completely functional as-is.


I find it ironic that these days I'm actually in the mood to sew (a mood that's been more and more fleeting in recent years), but am too tired and too busy to get my projects done.

No comments:

Post a Comment