Friday, October 14, 2011

Happy Camper shirts

Several months ago I saw some cute shirts here, that I thought would be great for our camping trip this summer. Unfortunately, I dropped the ball and didn't get the vinyl ordered in time, so it arrived the day before we left. I was so busy trying to get everything else done, there was no way I had time to figure out how to use my Silhouette, which I still hadn't used yet at that point.
I ended up making them for our trip this past weekend, though I still think they would have been great for our trip this summer. Oh well.

It did take me awhile to figure out how to use the Silhouette and the software and what order to iron everything on the shirts, but I managed to do it all with only one mishap- I forgot to flip the first 'happy' and had to redo it so it would be legible after it was ironed on.


 As I ironed all the pieces on I realized I should have picked the colors a little better- the gray "happy" on my shirt blends into the lavender shirt (this was the one I messed up on and I didn't have any more white left- black would have been better than gray) and the purple trim on LMS' shirt blends right into the black trim.

  
Despite their imperfections, I'm happy with how the shirts turned out, and I like LMS' shirt the best. I'm glad I finally took the time to figure out how to use the Silhouette. Now that I've done that, I feel confident whipping out other projects. It really is quick and easy to use, once you figure out the details, which I just never had the time to do. Doing a challenging project right off the bat really helped me learn the ins and outs, even if it did increase the chances of a disaster :)

2 comments:

  1. Cute! I'm looking forward to seeing more silhouette projects! Oh, and I ALWAYS forget to flip my letters when cutting t-shirt vinyl! It makes me crazy! Where do you get your vinyl?

    ReplyDelete