Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Easy kitchen soap pump replacement

 See that green soap holder on the left side of the sink? 
It's always getting knocked over and dripping soap on the counter and getting in the way.
Which offends my OCD :)

So on a recent trip to Lowes I stopped in the kitchen/bath plumbing section and picked this up:
The good thing about this pump?
You can screw a bottle directly onto the pump, or run tubing into a bottle of soap that sits under the sink.
Since the pump is located behind the sink basin and the disposal I wasn't willing to mess with screwing a bottle directly onto it every time I needed to refill the soap, so the tubing was the obvious choice.

When  I got home, I unscrewed the plastic nut holding the hole cover down and removed the hole cover.
I inserted the plastic tubing into the bottom of the pump, then dropped the pump into the hole.
I screwed the nut on to hold it in place, and after inserting the plastic tubing into a bottle of dish soap I was done!

I did have to have Mr M hold the pump in place as I tightened the nut (my arms are too short to do both at the same time), but the other than that it was all me. 
Ignoring the dirty sink, doesn't the soap pump look great?

It's not making a soapy mess on the counter or getting bumped around, and it matches so much better than the green plastic pump. And it only took about 10 minutes to do. Love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment