Monday, August 23, 2010

Painting progress

While it was definitely a pain to have to make sure everything looked nice for the showing Friday, it did give me the push I needed to make some progress on my painting projects, despite the heat and humidity. There's nothing quite like having sweat dripping off you onto the floor while you're painting a piece of furniture.

I finished painting the cubby bases Friday morning and Saturday I drilled holes for the knobs and adjusted the drawer slides a bit for maximum smooth movement. Now I'm just waiting for the paint to cure before we fill them with LMS's toys.

Friday morning I also painted another layer of primer on my craft cabinet. Saturday I did a light sanding, cleaning up stray drips and dried shmootz. It's now ready for the first of two coats of paint.


Saturday I also started sanding the coffee table I found on craigslist for $15. A couple of the feet had been used as a chew toy, so I also had to use some wood filler. I need to sand some more and use a bit more wood filler before finishing up the sanding.

I forgot to take the pics till after I'd already started sanding, so the chewed up areas aren't as noticeable as they were before. Once they're sanded and painted, you won't even be able to tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment