Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Man, I'm tired...

I had a busy day today. We got up and I pulled LMS around in the toboggan she got for Christmas but hasn't been able to use yet. Most of the snow melted today, so it was good that we did it first thing. She thought it was great, while I realized just how long it's been since I exercised on a regular basis.
Then, while she played, I rearranged the storage container again. I should have taken a picture of it before I moved everything around last week, but I forgot. Here's what it looked like this morning:

A narrow walkway to one side, simulating the size and shape of the Relocubes. Plastic on the floor to protect the boxes from moisture seeping up from the ground.
A little bit better view of the left side of the container. Not a great view, since I didn't open the other door half. Man, we have a lot of crap. I can't wait to unpack and declutter!
This morning I shifted boxes into the walkway to the back and moved a lot of stuff to the right side of the container. I needed to unearth the bins that were on the left side so I could make sure they were all full. I also made a flat area to put the futon mattress on on the right side of the container.

After lunch, I took apart the futon that's been in our room and moved it out to storage. My grandmother gave my parents a chair that we decided to put in our/their room. There isn't room downstairs for it, so I went ahead and moved out the futon to make room for it upstairs. My brother really likes to watch tv while sitting in the chair that was going to come up here, so it'll stay in the basement and I don't have to recover it. Bonus for me! My procrastination has paid off :)

While I was in the cleaning mood, I also boxed up some of LMS's books and some of the miscellaneous stuff sitting in the closet. I'll take several more boxes out to storage tomorrow, and Monday I'll buy some more boxes. I have some bigger boxes, but I need some smaller ones to pack books in- if you use too big a box, it's just too heavy.

Here's LMS sitting on her cushion on top of the ottoman that goes with the chair. She's a nester- she's got her pillows, her stuffed animals, her books, her princess dress- she's happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment