Wednesday, May 14, 2014

May 5k Results


Saturday I ran my May race. It was a small fundraiser 5k for a local elementary school and was held just down the street from our house. If I hadn't had TLM in the jogger, I would have walked there. I don't like taking the jogger out on the main road, though, since it's narrow and there's no shoulder. So I decided to be safe and drive.

Mr M was still out of town on business, so I dropped LMS off at a friend's house and pushed TLM in the jogger. He was traumatized last time I left him at someone's house for a dental appointment so I decided to keep him with me and spare our friends a couple hours of screaming.


I ended up finishing in 39:23, about 2 minutes slower than the last two 5ks I've run. But since I was pushing TLM in the jogger, I'm completely ok with that. I really haven't run much (though I did walk all over Boston) since last month's 5k, so that makes me even happier with my time :)

I've run this course before, since it's in our neighborhood, so I knew to expect the several hills that we encountered. I managed to run up the first fairly steep one, but ended up walking up most of the later, less steep ones. I definitely need to get some hill work in. Despite the inability to run up all the hills, I felt good and wasn't too sore afterwards, so that's a win. I felt a lot better running this race than I did the last couple races, which is encouraging.
We were the second jogger to cross the finish line, but I claim first place since I ran the entire race pushing the jogger, and the lady who finished before us didn't. She left her kiddo with one of the race volunteers at the beginning of a mile long loop and picked her up at the end of the loop. So yeah, I won. Too bad they didn't have a stroller category....

I thought TLM would fall asleep while I was running, but he stayed awake the whole time, just to fall asleep after I finished.

The race organizers arranged for some skydivers to jump and land right next to the race staging area. That was pretty cool, though I honestly don't know why anyone would want to jump out of a perfectly good airplane. I'm not sure if this race will be put on next year, but if they do, I'll definitely run it again.

2014 Races:
May 5k: 39:23          Ran with jogger
April 5k: 37:40         Color Run
March 5k: 37:33  
February 4.5 miles: 1:49:55  Mud Run
January: ---

No comments:

Post a Comment