Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Easter Pics

love all the pink!

We did LMS' egg hunt on Saturday, but she insisted on getting dressed up in her Easter dress first :)


I was working on the produce crate that day (its first gray wash is drying here), and LMS decided to "hide" some eggs for me. I think she was practicing for next year for TLM.

The next day I broke out our new camera- we finally decided to bite the bullet and buy a dslr camera and tripod- and we did some Easter pics. I didn't have time to play with all the settings, so these are all shot in auto. I do like having the background blurred out, but I know I have a lot to learn.

a note on LMS' bangs: she recently decided they were too long and cut them herself. I'd left the scissors out so I'd remember to cut them for her, but she didn't give me a chance to. Oddly enough, this is the first time she's ever done such a thing. At least it was only her bangs- they'll grow out soon enough.


Cute kiddos!


LMS and I were working quickly to catch photos before he fell over- he's not completely stable yet


After I took some photos, LMS decided she needed to take some as well (Mr M was out of town for work so missed all this), and she took the two below:


2 comments:

  1. That Easter dress is adorable! Did you make it or buy it?! Is it weird to want one for ME?! Congrats on the new camera...you're going to love it! What did you end up getting? I know you have lots of photographers in your family who can give you lots of tips, but I found Pioneer Woman's posts very helpful at the beginning, and taking 2 community education classes taught me a lot. And don't worry too much about full manual mode...95% of the time on put mine on shutter priority, set it to 1/250 and call it good...who has time to mess with settings when photographing busy kids?! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just barely saw your comment (and noticed that several of your comments never made it to my inbox, most likely because of whatever problem Yahoo is having that you mentioned the other day). No, I didn't make it- I found it at Kohls. I didn't see any in our sizes, though :(

      We got a Nikon D3200, with a kit lens. We'll eventually get the 50mm one you got not too long ago, but we have to figure out all the settings first. My problem is I just don't have time to sit and read and experiment with it right now. Hopefully things will soon calm down enough for me to do that... Who am I kidding? that won't happen, but at least I'll finish up some current projects that are on a deadline and my schedule will open up a little.

      Delete