Friday, November 8, 2013

Fall Soccer Season


Fall soccer finished several weeks ago, but I haven't had a chance to write about it till now.

I almost didn't sign her up, what with being pregnant and due in the middle of the season. Knowing the league is low-key and low-stress allowed us to make the decision to sign her up still, even if we didn't make it to every single practice and game.

We definitely weren't as engaged this season- we missed several practices because LMS was too tired after getting home from spending the day in the woods and I was pretty tired too, so I didn't push the issue too much.

When she did go, the improvement she's made was quite obvious. She was much less timid and more willing to get in the group and kick the ball. It was fun seeing her be more aggressive in her play- I think actually being able to kick the ball helped her realize the benefit of going after the ball. She still daydreamed a bit if hanging back on defense with nothing to do, but all the kids did, and I don't blame them. It's hard to stay interested when the ball isn't in your area :)

receiving her end of season trophy

love all the pinks and purples :)

No comments:

Post a Comment