Monday, August 12, 2013

Irish Music School Day Camp

As I mentioned last week, LMS attended a day camp offered by the Irish music school she attends. She went to the camp last year and had lots of fun, so it wasn't a hard decision to sign her up this year.

LMS did crafts, baking (they even did some gluten free baking for the kids who can't have gluten!), dance, singing, and drama. Last year she did tin whistle, but she opted out of it this year. I'm hoping she'll have progressed enough with her violin by next summer that she can do some fiddle. At this point she hasn't learned quite enough notes yet.

The last day of the camp the kids give a performance for the parents, showing all the things they worked on that week. In the picture below, LMS is getting ready to sing a song in Irish about ten mice. The girls are wearing the tie dye shirts that was one of their projects- orange, green, and white being the colors of the Irish flag.

The finale is a song that gets faster and faster and faster, with some of the kids doing a clapping/cup thing. LMS was one of the kids that got to do the cup, but was sitting behind another girl, so I didn't get a good shot of her.


LMS had lots of fun. I will admit I'm glad it was only a week- I'm just not used to the pressure of getting up every morning and having to be out of the house by a certain time so I can drive her to school or whatever. Really makes me appreciate how flexible our homeschool schedule is :) Especially with the added fatigue of being pregnant and continually pushing the limits of my energy. Since I over-did it several times last week, getting up and going was not easy.

In a couple more weeks regular classes will start again and LMS will be doing the sampler class she did last year as well as a beginner dance class.

I sure wish we'd had something like this when I was younger...

No comments:

Post a Comment