Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Women's Four Mile Race

Sprinting past Mr M and LMS on the way to the finish line

This year I ran the race in 43:55, which is about a minute and a half slower than when I ran it last year. Not bad since I didn't train enough and I walked a  lot more this time. I haven't run more than 2 miles since Thanksgiving, so I really didn't train properly this year.

I got a good start running the whole month of June, but taking 5 weeks off for our road trip, plus missing last week due to an allergic reaction (even a few fumes of paint give me massive sinus pain and congestion) that had me feeling less than wonderful did a good job of derailing my training schedule. Despite that, I felt pretty good during the race. I did have to walk because my endurance is fairly non-existent right now, but my shins didn't give me problems and my asthma didn't give me issues like it did last year. Though that's probably due to the ratio of walking:running, which kept my lungs from spazzing out.

This race was a good reality check for the half marathon I'm running in January. I must run more often and buy a treadmill so I can run when the weather is crappy since let's face it, I wuss out when the weather gets crummy. I need to work on building my mileage and strengthening my lungs and building my mileage. Definitely have to make sure I get my longer runs in :)


Walking past Mr M and LMS to the starting line.

No comments:

Post a Comment