Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Rehabbed buffet

 This another of my craigslist finds. $40 or $50 I think? I bought it last winter but never got around to refinishing it before we moved.

I'm pretty sure it had been refinished at some point in the past- the gold paint was on top of some other bubbled finish, and the whole thing had definitely seen better days.

But I thought it had potential, so I sanded it down, sprayed it with Krylon spray primer (which is bumpy, so be prepared to do more sanding- not something I was expecting), then painted it white. I finished with a light gray wash and some distressing, and it looks so much better!

The trim looks so much nicer without the gold paint.


I have a place to put some decor,

we have a piece of furniture on a previously empty wall,

and LMS has a place to store the toys that she insists on hauling upstairs instead of leaving downstairs in the toy room. I think it's time to clean it out already...

I'm glad I finally got it finished! 
It does kind of blend into the gray wall, but we'll be repainting the walls to a light gray-blue, which will contrast nicely with the buffet.

3 comments:

  1. It looks very nice. I've been on the prowl for a buffet to put in my entryway too. I love the shape of the piece.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks great! One day maybe I'll get into refinishing furniture...or maybe not! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This turned out really well! Nice job.

    ReplyDelete