Saturday, September 17, 2011

Fall Soccer

Soccer has started again. It's a different schedule this fall because the season's been shortened since the fields are closing in October for re-seeding. So we practice Tuesdays and Thursdays and have games on Saturdays. Adding in that one extra evening a week really makes the week feel more hectic, so I'm really glad it's only for a month.

I'm not sure how many soccer pictures I'll get this season. I somehow ended up getting sucked in to be an assistant coach to LMS' team. Never mind that I haven't played since I was their age...

Luckily I've watched "Bend It Like Beckham" a few times and there's a scene where one of the dads is trying to explain the rules of the game to his wife, so I have at least an idea of how the game's supposed to go :)

Despite being a bit fuzzy on some of the rules, I am enjoying myself, and I'm getting a good workout, running up and down the field with the kids. They're actually playing games and starting to get the hang of things, which is fun to watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment