Wednesday, May 13, 2009

More de-cluttering

Yesterday we finally got hubby's clothes sorted. We tossed a few, gave some to my dad for rags, gave some that are too small to his brother, and added a bunch to the big box to be donated. Hubby went and dropped those off (I forgot to take a picture first, though) while I rearranged our room. I'm using two short file cabinets as the base for a desk for hubby. This will serve the dual purpose of desk space for him and easy accessibility to storage space for the mountains of papers that always threaten to take over my desk.

We need to get a desk top still, then it will be useable. We'll be near an IKEA next week, so we'll stop in and get a desk top, some wood shelving units for our food storage (so we can see what we have and what we still need), and a small table and chairs for Little Miss Sunshine. I love that place. It's a good thing we don't live closer to an IKEA, because I would spend way too much time and money there.

I've got the room rearranged so everything fits, but I'm not completely happy with the layout. You can't see the computer screen from the couch anymore- it's next to the couch now- which is making me wonder if we should keep the couch in here or not. I'll keep it like this for a while, but once we get the desk top on I may move things around again.

I still need to sort through bags of clothes from LMS's cousin- pull out what I like, leave the rest- and I need to put away her winter things. After I've done that, I think I'm pretty much done with the sorting and tossing till we move into our own place. The next thing I'll do is sell the items that are actually worth something on ebay and craigslist.

However, we're off for a road trip for a week and a half, so I'm done with projects for now. I have to pack today because hubby's grandma is coming for a week-long visit tomorrow and tomorrow is the only day we'll be able to see her. We'll take off early Friday morning and do some more post-deployment stuff this weekend (feels like we just finished the last round), and then head out to CA to visit relatives and go to Disneyland. Hubby gets in free and LMS and I get discounted tickets, but only for another week or two, so we're going to take advantage of it while we can.

No comments:

Post a Comment