Monday, July 20, 2020

Weekly Mileage #173 and the 10K Treadmill Race


Monday I power washed the basement patio area: the siding, the cushions, the chairs, etc. I only lightly did the decking- that will need to be done in more detail when we have time to re-stain it as well. It's too hot to do that right now though.

I also uploaded all the pics to the posts for the last few weeks. It was a lot of pictures, so it took awhile.

I started my third try at the waxed canvas and leather bucket, but ran out of time to finish it before Sunshine and I headed out to a socially-distant Scout meeting.

Tuesday we had online music lessons then I finished the third version of bucket. It's still not quite what I want, but it's just about there. I also spent some time figuring out the costs of materials for the bucket so I can decide on a price. I still need to see how long it takes to make each one before I finalize the price.

Wednesday I did some tidying around my desk. It was becoming a disaster area since I'm not using it much right now- I'm downstairs at my work table more often.

I ran a 10k on the treadmill: the Wonder Woman virtual race I signed up for awhile ago. I don't love running on the treadmill, but we're at a point in the summer where if I want to do any running and still be functional afterwards, it has to be inside. I was still pretty tired, but not as wiped out as I would have been if I'd run outside. Of course, my tired might be because I ran 5.7 out of the 6.2 miles of the race :)


Jeremy and I replaced two led lights on the RV. They weren't working well and caused us to fail the annual safety inspection. Nobody carries them and while the shop that fixed our broken window was willing to order them from the manufacturer, that would have taken way too long to arrive. We're supposed to fix the issue within 15 days of failing- we're a bit past that now. I finally found the white oval backup light on a random website that sells auto/trailer lights. Amazon only had red oval lights. I did find some orange lights for the front cap on Amazon, though they're not an exact match. They're high enough up that you really can't see them though. The white light was quick and easy to replace, but the orange one was a pain. Jeremy had to dig out a bunch of silicone in order to get the wires out, then had to re-silicone afterwards to make sure there's no leaks in the overcab area.


Thursday after I wen to the chiropractor I started cutting tote bag straps and realized the leather I intended to use for them is way too thick. I bought some skirting leather that's 10-12 oz and quite stiff. I ordered some 8-9 oz leather that should be a better fit. For comparison, the leather I use on the body of the totes is about 5 oz.


Since I'd already cut them, I did install a set of straps on my largest tote, but that further solidified that I don't want to use that leather for the straps. I also worked on pricing out the materials for the totes. I need to track my time making these as well before I decide on a final price.


After I installed the straps I rubbed in some leather protectant (should have done it before I attached the straps), then ended up doing the whole bag. You can see the difference above, but the darker color faded a bit as the protectant soaked in.

socially distant tree picture

Friday morning we went on a short hike to the river with some friends. We tried out the canvas buckets and I got some good pics for social media posts. In the picture below, the lighter colored strap is made from that thick saddle skirting. Too thick for what I want, but more sturdy than the other leather.








Heading home with wet buckets after a fun morning.


I had planned on working on more totes or my first "official" tote from nicer leather in the large size, but I wasn't feeling well enough. Maybe I was in the heat too long that morning?

Saturday I went to YW camp kit pickup. Those in charge of organizing the YM and YW camps this year put together materials packets for the classes each youth signed up for. After that I had a bit of a wait before it was time to pickup some pork we bought.

I thought about going in to Whole Foods to get the shopping done (so it wouldn't need to be done on Monday), but the line was outside and moving very slowly. Which reminded me why I don't like shopping on Saturdays.

Since that wasn't happening, I found a reasonably shady parking spot in a nearby shopping center and worked on my logo and care tags (for leather and waxed canvas) for a little while. Then I went back to Whole Foods to meet our local dairy farmer that we get our raw milk from to pick up the milk-fed pork we bought from them.

After I got home, I worked some more on my logo and care tags and new business cards. I need to get this all figured out so I can update my site and social media branding before I start listing new products and driving traffic to my site.

Sunday was a home church day. Jeremy got to go help someone in our ward with a burst pipe in their basement.

Earlier in the year I volunteered to be the medical form person for our Scout troops (the boys and the girls troops share adult leadership). We're in the process of updating everyones health forms now that we're starting to meet in person again. So I spent a couple hours updating the spreadsheet we use to track everything.

Then I had a Stake YW camp meeting. I wasn't feeling stressed before that, but afterwards I was. It's going to take a bit more time than I thought and more involvement on my part than I expected.

Between the spreadsheet updates and the zoom call I ended up with a massive headache that started to turn into a migraine (I could feel the nausea coming on) so I went to bed early.

Weekly Mileage
Monday- 1.0 miles walked outside
Wednesday- 7.0 miles run and walked on the treadmill (6.2 mile race + .8 cool down)
Friday- 1.2 miles hiked
total- 9.2 miles

2020 totals
27 hikes towards #52hikechallenge
0 kayak miles towards #365milechallenge
164.19 outdoor foot miles towards #365milechallenge
18.00 indoor foot miles towards #365milechallenge
200.0 bike miles towards #365milechallenge
382.19 miles total

No comments:

Post a Comment