Monday, August 5, 2019

Weekly Mileage #123 and Lake Day

when there's only one escalator in town, it's a big deal. we may or may not have ridden up and down it a couple times.

Monday I spent more time on the treadmill. Sunshine went to a local lake for Scouts, where they did water safety and kayaking. We really like how many activities there are and how organized this troop is :)

Tuesday Sunshine went in for the top bands for her braces, but they ended up putting bigger spacers in instead. We'll go back in a month and they'll put the expander in. Apparently her teeth are moving faster than expected, so that can go in sooner than they'd originally thought.

Wednesday I spent some time on the treadmill. I'm not up for running that long yet, but I can at least walk it.

Thursday was our first day of school. We ease into things during August, so we don't hit all the subjects right away. Mostly because I never get around to ordering our new books until August... I still need to do a post about our last school year and another about the upcoming school year. Hint: two kids officially in school (and a third who thinks he's in school too)!

That night I went to Round Table, where I was awarded one of the knots I sent in my form for as part of my Wood Badge ticket. Now that I'm in YW, I can't attend Round Table very often, but our activity was moved from Thursday to Saturday, so it worked out.

Speaking of moving our activity, on Saturday we had a combined YW/YM activity at a local lake. I brought the boys so Mr M could go to work. I also brought our kayaks. I was in charge of the activity though, so while others used them, I did not. I was too busy keeping an eye on the boys. Though I was also apparently too busy to take photos, as I have none from the activity.

I'm finally consistently losing weight! I'm currently down 16 pounds from the first of the year. I think it's a combination of eating low carb, finally getting better quality sleep (which lowers cortisol), and Metaburn from Plexus. I even managed to lose a few pounds while road tripping, despite not eating as low carb as I should. I've been eating too many carbs since we returned though, and I need to get back on track with my eating so I don't undo all my hard work.

Weekly Mileage
Monday- 2.25 miles walked on the treadmill
Wednesday- 4.02 miles walked on the treadmill
total- 6.27 miles

14 hikes towards #52hikechallenge
2.56 kayak miles towards #365milechallenge
73.53 outdoor foot miles towards #365milechallenge
27.19 indoor foot miles towards #365milechallenge
80.0 bike miles towards #365milechallenge
183.28 miles total

No comments:

Post a Comment