Monday, April 16, 2018

Weekly Mileage #56

sunset over the mountains, but trees got in the way :) I pulled over too late- a hundred feet back was a much better view

I managed a total of 15 miles on the bike Monday and Wednesday. These days I don't sleep well (the boys have been taking turns waking up in the middle of night for random reasons), so anytime I'm up and functioning by 9 is a win for me. Monday I managed to get up, ride my bike, get ready, and get us out the door and on our way to the leather store by 11. I don't usually manage to exercise before we head out on errands, so this was a big win.

We didn't go for a hike Thursday because Sunshine was under the weather (we've been passing a cold around and it was her turn). I intended to hit the treadmill instead, but the heating and air conditioning guy came in the morning rather than the afternoon to check our AC (just the annual maintenance check), and it threw me off. By the time he was done, I was too deep into other projects to stop, change my clothes, and get on the treadmill. Gotta work on that.

Friday was the same as the last few Fridays- I ran errands after dropping Sunshine off at class and didn't have energy for a hike when we were done with them. I've got to just do the hike first, then run errands. Or move the errands to another day entirely, since I don't want to take tired boys to the store- they get too cranky.

Saturday we went to a pick and pull place looking for a set of roof racks for our CRV so we can strap Sunshine's kayak to the roof (didn't find one, but we're still looking) and then picked up the RV from the dealership, where it had been getting some maintenance work done. We got home with half an hour to spare before we took off again to a friend's house for a birthday party. By the time we got home, I was exhausted and ready for bed, so no running for me.

This weekend I'd hoped to get to bed earlier and catch up on sleep, but the boys conspired against me again. Late Saturday night, just as I was falling asleep, I heard the boys' door open, then a gagging sound and the unmistakable sound of vomit hitting the wood floor. As one does, I was up in a flash and hurrying to help River. Clean up was unpleasant, but at least he hadn't puked in his bed or on the rug in his room. He was up for a couple hours after that, running to the toilet, and then hesitant to go to sleep for fear of a repeat. Thankfully, no repeat and he was fine on Sunday.

Sunday evening after dinner, Ocean decided to get in on the puking action and threw up twice in the library. Mostly on the wood floor, but once was partly on the rug and once was partly on a stack of books and the boxes with our inflatable kayaks (our family Christmas present that I finally got around to ordering, and that arrived Saturday). Much more difficult to clean up than River's mess, but he managed not to puke in his bed, either, so it could have been worse.

Now we're waiting to see if any of the rest of us get this bug or whatever it is. At least it ran its course quickly in both boys.

Weekly Mileage
Monday- 6.50 miles on the bike
Wednesday-  8.50 miles on the bike
    total- 15.00 miles

4 hikes towards #52hikechallenge
53.91 foot miles towards #365milechallenge
75.00 bike miles towards #365milechallenge

No comments:

Post a Comment