Tuesday, October 1, 2013

40 Week Pregnancy Photos

As of 1 pm Monday, this is what I looked like.

Here's the obligatory comparison photos:

I hit 40 weeks over the weekend, and we were really hoping I'd go into labor sometime over the weekend, but it didn't happen. Our weekends are less crazy than during the week, so it would have worked a lot better with scheduling and getting LMS to activities and such.

I had a doctor appointment yesterday afternoon and I was hoping they'd say I was fully dilated and should head over to the hospital :)

Unfortunately, I'm still not dilated at all.

Given the changes I can feel happening, I was sure I was dilated. Grrrr. 

So, we'll see if I go into labor in the next week, but if not, I go in for a non stress test on Tuesday, and we'll start talking about induction. I'd rather not be induced, but at the same time, the longer we go over-due, the higher the chances of problems for the baby.

At least I'm not super uncomfortable and hating life, like I was when I was pregnant with LMS. This pregnancy has been so much easier because I've been active before and during, so I'm actually feeling pretty good. 

The problem is that I was mentally ready for it once I finished my major projects, which I finished Friday. Up until then, I was thinking "not yet, not yet", but now I'm thinking "ok, any time now." At least I still have smaller projects to work on. I've started LMS's Halloween costume, I'm finishing some small projects that I've meant to do for awhile now, I'm writing blog posts and scheduling them so I don't have to worry about them for awhile, and so on.

And so the waiting continues....

2 comments:

  1. Good luck this week! The perinatalogist who did my ultrasound really discouraged me going over my due date because of my old age...I have no problems with that! It's funny how different doctors do different things. I was induced with both my kids and neither was that bad...E's induction was super quick, probably because I'd been through it before. Hopefully you go on your own, but if not, here's hoping for a smooth and quick induction! I'm willing this little guy to stay put until January, whereas for the last 2 I was begging them to come early! I just can't handle the thought of a new baby right at Christmas time! With my luck he'll come 2 weeks early...right on Christmas Day. :) Good job getting all your projects finished--I'm amazed at all you've been able to accomplish. I think nesting is starting to kick in here for me...hopefully I can be as productive as you've been!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Waiting for a baby is the worst! We're all waiting too! Let us know when it all happens!!!!

    ReplyDelete