Friday, November 13, 2009

Why I won't be taking antibiotics again anytime soon

I got over the nasty cold, and got a sinus infection. I'm over the sinus infection, but the antibiotics I took to clear it up also allowed my systemic yeast infection to run rampant through my body. I haven't felt this crummy in a year and a half- since my Juice Plus+ vitamins started helping my body work properly.

What I haven't been missing: Mind-numbing exhaustion that drains mental and physical energy, leaving me too worn out to accomplish even a fraction of the things on my to do list. Overall crummy feeling and foggy brain, both of which further reduce my ability to get stuff done and function like a normal human being. Yeah, haven't missed that at all.

So I've been eating lots of yogurt, taking massive doses of Three-lac, and trying to keep from eating too much sugar. I'm feeling better, but the exhaustion is still dragging me down.

It's been several years (don't remember when exactly) since I last took antibiotics, and I've learned from this experience that I'm going to have to be really sick before I take antibiotics again. The side effects are just too much for me to casually pop antibiotics.

No comments:

Post a Comment