Friday, November 20, 2009

We've taught her well...

maybe. Not sure if we really want to encourage staying up late reading at her age, but she's reading (ok, looking at the pictures), so we don't want to discourage that.

I haven't gotten a lot accomplished lately- I've been fighting brain fog caused by the systemic yeast infection. Brain fog always makes it difficult to concentrate long enough to start, let alone finish, a project.

I did manage to almost finish a hat for LMS. She was sleeping, and I wasn't able to try it on her till it was almost done, at which point I discovered it's too small for her. She still has a big head, I guess. That tangle of yarn is what's left of the skein I was using, and was in it's original shape/form, till LMS decided to help. *sigh* She really did think she was helping me out.
I'll untangle it then make a ball as I unravel the hat so I can make a bigger one. And yes that is knitty-knobby loom thing. I couldn't knit a scarf if my life depended on it (despite several attempts to learn), and while I do crochet a little, my needles are packed up who knows where. Plus these looms are so simple and quick. I actually found a swirly loom at Hobby Lobby yesterday that can be used to make a king size (I think) quilt. When I have the $30 or so that it costs I think I'll get one. I think that's the only way I'll manage to finish an afghan larger than a baby blanket!

No comments:

Post a Comment