Monday, September 5, 2016

August Mileage

slightly creepy animal cutouts we found at a book store and Sunshine insisted on posing with

My August mileage was 26.10 miles (.1 mile short of a full marathon!), which is almost double my July mileage.

Most of that additional mileage is from the four races I completed in August. I keep saying I'll spend more time on the treadmill, but once again, that didn't happen in August. I'm already doing much better in September, though :)

In August I finished the chicken coop and run to the point of usability and promptly lost all motivation to finish the trim work. In my defense, it's rained frequently enough that the days I had time to paint the trim work, it was always too wet. I have to admit I've enjoyed staying inside, out of the heat and humidity. Without a deadline looming over my head it's been way too easy to just put off all my outdoor projects while I wait for the weather to cool off.

It's been nice to take a break and think about how I'm going to balance the kids, homeschool, projects, scouts, and everything else in our lives. I'm not good at balancing things- I tend to skew too far in one direction or another. Not to say that I'm neglecting other aspects, but I do end up spending less time on them than I feel I should be. I'm trying to be better about balancing and prioritizing, though, so hopefully I can make progress this year.

Taking a break from projects has also given us time to start school and the associated activities, which has given me a chance to see where there might be blocks of time to work on projects. They do exist, but they are limited.

Having limited time isn't a bad thing, it just means I need to be more careful with my time management and prioritization of tasks. Back in high school I was always most efficient with my time management during cross country season, when my schedule was the busiest. Of course, back then there wasn't the internet to distract me all the time....

August's mileage:
1 treadmill walk + 2 hikes w/stroller + 4 races (5k, 5k, 10k, 4 mile) = 26.10 miles total

July's mileage:
2 treadmill walks + 3 hikes + 1 race (5k) = 13.72 miles total

June's mileage:
4 treadmill walks + 3 hikes + 3 races (June 5k1 mile glow5k)= 21.46 miles total

May's mileage:
7 treadmill walks + 1 hike + 2 races (May 5kevening 5k) = 23.87 miles total

April's mileage:
6 treadmill walks + 1 hike + 1 outdoor run + 3 races (glow 5kApril 5k5k) = 27.17 miles total

March's mileage:
4 treadmill workouts + 3 hikes w/stroller + 4 races (4k5k5k5k obstacle) = 25.7 miles total

February's mileage:
9 treadmill workouts + 2 races (5k + 4.8 mile mud) = 26.15 miles total

January's mileage:
8 treadmill workouts + 1 race (5k) = 16.17 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment