Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Pregnancy Update


The picture is from last week, at 34 weeks pregnant. Tomorrow I hit 35 weeks. I haven't been taking pictures this time around like I did with River, but I realized I should be taking at least some. With Mr M home again it's a bit easier to make sure I get in some of the pictures. For comparison, here's the 32 and 36 week pics from River's pregnancy.


At this point, I'm done with my major building projects (the patio and the treehouse) and now just have a couple smaller projects left. I'll see how many of them I finish before the little guy makes his appearance, and finish them up when I have the time and energy after he's born.

My building projects have been keeping me physically active. Sunshine's pregnancy and delivery were such a bad experience and River's was so much better because of my increased and consistent activity levels, that it's important to me to stay active. I think this time around I've been over-compensating a bit. If being active is good, then being more active, is better, right? Not necessarily.

Not running the half was a good decision, as has backing off on my running. It's not been easy, but avoiding the treadmill has left me with the time and energy to build the patio and treehouse. Though running is my preferred exercise, there are other ways for me to get my exercise in, and construction is a good substitute.

My building projects haven't been part of my over-compensation- those have been because Mr M was out of town so I was the one who had to get them done, and they needed to get done before the baby was born so we could actually use them before we possibly sell the house next spring, though that's now up in the air as we move up our job hunt.

At 34 weeks, I'd only gained 8 pounds, which is awesome. Of course, my starting weight was heavier than with Sunshine or River, so I didn't need to gain a lot anyway. I gained about 25 when pregnant with Sunshine, but only 15 with River (I started heavier with him than with her). I'm curious to see what happens with my weight in the next 6 weeks.

My food issues have been fairly stable, though I still have to be careful about what I eat. I can eat small amounts of corn, rice, and potatoes, but too much of any of them causes problems. Dairy and eggs in small amounts are also ok. I experienced similar lessening of symptoms when I was pregnant with River, but the issues all came back once he was born, so I'm preparing myself for a similar situation when this little guy is born.

I feel like this pregnancy has sped by. I'm not sure if it's because I've been so busy (the other kiddos, projects, scouts, etc) or what, but it's hard to believe that I'm only 5 weeks from my due date. Maybe it's the sense of "so much to do, so little time" that has cropped up surrounding the job hunt/potential house sale and all that's entailed with those events.

No comments:

Post a Comment