Thursday, October 3, 2013

What's For Dinner?


One of the little projects I've been working on the last few weeks while waiting for the little guy to be born is a dry-erase menu board. It's been on my to-do list for at least a year, and I finally got it done. 

I spray painted a frame I found on clearance a long time ago at wally world, then wrapped some white fabric around the included mat. I've seen people make similar things, but they use patterned fabric or paper. The only problem with those (in my mind) are that things get so busy it's hard to see the writing. Plain and simple is good for me.


The next step was to type everything up in Silhouette Studio, then reverse it. I cut it out in reverse so I could stick it to the back of the glass, where it wouldn't get messed up over time. I didn't get it stuck on the glass exactly straight, but it's fine for now. If it really starts bugging me, it'll be easy enough to re-cut the vinyl and actually measure things out.

Mr M has been doing most of the cooking lately, but I still do the grocery shopping. Having an easy-to-see visual reminder of what's for dinner each day is super helpful for both of us. LMS can also see at a glance what's for dinner, which eliminates the dreaded "what's for dinner?" question- which I can't stand hearing. I also put a spot for us to write down ingredients that get used up during the week so they can be added to my weekly shopping list.

No comments:

Post a Comment