Tuesday, January 22, 2013

GAPS Intro Week 6

LMS during her Irish music class recital back in December

Read why we're doing GAPS here.
Read about our GAPS Intro Week 1 here.
Read about our GAPS Intro Week 2 here.
Read about our GAPS Intro Week 3 here.
Read about our GAPS Intro Week 4 here.
Read about our GAPS Intro Week 5 here.

So, we finished Week 6 more than a month ago, but with Christmas travels and our Disney trip I didn't get this written and posted.

I'm trying to remember what exactly we added the 6th week: I think it was just fruit- apples and oranges.

We could have added in ghee and cultured dairy products, but I'm holding off a while longer before we add them in. I also held off on the beans (there's a few beans that are GAPS legal) that we could have added in.

We didn't do a lot of juicing- I don't really love the flavor, and the sugar content is a bit high for me. I've realized I react to fruit sugars more strongly than I react to some other sugars, which I find interesting. Given how much fruit LMS has consumed, I'm thinking she reacts in a similar way, unfortunately. It triggers the urge to keep eating and a sense of being hungry, even when we've already eaten a good size meal.

I also spent some time experimenting with cooking down and dehydrating broth to take with us on our Disney trip. 

No comments:

Post a Comment