Saturday, December 8, 2012

GAPS Intro Week 4

Read why we're doing GAPS here.
Read about our GAPS Intro Week 1 here.
Read about our GAPS Intro Week 2 here.
Read about our GAPS Intro Week 3 here.

This week we started juicing- carrot juice to begin with. We also added olive oil back in. Nut flour bread was on the list, but since we're not eating nuts or eggs, we skipped it. LMS loves the carrot juice, my reaction is more "meh". The earthy sweetness isn't really my thing. Once we tone it down with other juices, it'll be more acceptable.

All week I had bad cravings, which made life difficult. After a lot of thought, I decided I wasn't eating enough.

  • I've increased my level of physical activity since I'm training for a half marathon in January.
  • Taste bud fatigue. Or is it appetite fatigue?  Basically I'm getting tired of eating the same thing over and over, and I'm not fond of the taste of beef fat, which ends up in a lot of our food. As a result, I'm eating less overall, which isn't a good thing at this point in time. Adding more foods back in so we have a wider variety to choose from should help with this though.


Random thing:
I usually wash my hair every other day, only blow dry it on Sundays, and let it air dry the rest of the time. The last couple weeks I've noticed my hair isn't nearly as greasy as usual. Usually the morning I'm due to wash my hair, I can tell it needs it and there's no way to let it go another day.  Lately, I've been going 3 or 4 days in between washings, and my hair doesn't feel gross. I washed my hair Sunday morning, and it wasn't till Friday that I felt like it needed to be washed again. Now if I could get my face to clear up a bit more, I'd be happy. It's never been really bad, but I do have a problem with blackheads and blemishes on certain parts of my face.

No comments:

Post a Comment