Monday, August 31, 2020

Weekly Mileage #179 and Product Photos


Monday after school in the morning, I started sourcing tools for my tool kits. It took longer than I anticipated since some of the names of different items are not as obvious as I'd think. I have sources for most of the tools, now I need to order samples so I can make sure I actually want to buy 100, 200, or more of that item.

looks super comfy, right?

I want to open for registration/enrollment around the middle of November so I can ship kits the last half of December and start classes the beginning of January. But I need to have everything ready to go before then: videos recorded and edited and their corresponding materials kits for the first four projects, and the tool kits for at least 100 families. I have no idea how many will enroll, but I'd rather have too many than too few. I may offer perspective students a signup so they receive notification when enrollment actually opens. That should give me a ballpark to work off of.

cute little dragon neckerchief slide I made for Sunshine

Monday evening Sunshine and I went to her socially distant court of honor. She received her first class advancement and several merit badges.

pretty sunset during the court of honor



Tuesday Jeremy and I celebrated our 19th anniversary! Our celebration consisted of ordering Five Guys so neither of us had to cook dinner. Sunshine suggested going out to eat, but most dining rooms aren't open, and even if they are, we don't want to eat in them right now. It was easier just to stay home.


After school and music lessons I worked on my batch of buckets from last week. I also worked a bit on the structure of my course. I'm thinking 3 semesters a year = enrollment open three times a year. I researched the difference between courses and memberships a bit more, then tracked down some companies that offer physical product subscription memberships (a lot of people offer digital product subscription memberships). Got some good ideas from what others are doing, but still thinking about how I want to do it.

little boys jumping on the trampoline with the hose


Wednesday after school I finally finished the batch of buckets. I also finally moved the trunks from the basement upstairs, which opens up some space in the basement. Jeremy got a good start sorting all the papers still in the basement (the trunks were full of army crap). We had the boys haul all their toys up to their room. Half of them were already up there anyway and they're forever leaving toys scattered across the floor. Moving them upstairs will allow me more storage space for all the tool kits and materials kits. Once Jeremy finishes sorting his papers, I'll sell the train table I built years ago. It's the right size for me to work on, but it's too top heavy for me to add legs to, so it's time for it to go so I can bring in a taller table or two.

she loves snuggling on soft cushions

Thursday I worked on lighting, setting up backgrounds, taking pictures of buckets, and so on. Having a proper setup makes photos so much easier. I also tried out positioning cameras for video and moved things around in the basement a bit more. I also purchased my school domain!





We had a large deposit show up in our bank account that took us a minute to figure out its source. Turns out it was back VA disability payments. They date it back to when the process was originally started. We haven't received the paperwork yet, but apparently he's got at least a partial disability rating.

sitting quietly in the car

Friday we went for a hike to the river with kids and friends. The heat is draining me so bad- even just sitting outside for two hours leaves me feeling awful. I made an appointment to see my sleep doc next week- hopefully she's got some ideas that will be helpful.




I worked on my school logo, which is a variation of my shop logo.

Saturday I started cutting out music notebooks, notebook covers, and medium totes (two each) to list in my shop for sale.


I stayed up late Friday night chasing a random thought, which was a big mistake. I've finally been getting to sleep at a decent time for most of the last week or so and was feeling fairly decent for me. Saturday and Sunday I didn't feel so great. It's disappointing, but is added incentive to make sure I get to bed on time each night- no more late nighters.


I did 5 mile bike rides Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Saturday (doing some catch-up). The shorter distance fits into my schedule better than 10 miles and is less tiring.

looking for minnows

Weekly Mileage
Tuesday- 5.00 miles biked
Wednesday- 5.00 miles biked
Thursday- 5.00 miles biked
Friday- 1.30 miles hiked
Saturday- 5.00 miles biked
total- 21.30 miles

2020 totals
29 hikes towards #52hikechallenge
0 kayak miles towards #365milechallenge
166.79 outdoor foot miles towards #365milechallenge
22.50 indoor foot miles towards #365milechallenge
250.0 bike miles towards #365milechallenge
439.29 miles total

No comments:

Post a Comment