Sunday, March 18, 2018

Sunday Funny


Have you seen the tumblr Reasons my Toddler is Crying? A dad documented all the funny reasons his toddlers were crying, usually for reasons we view as silly, but they see as near life-and-death.

River and Sunshine didn't hit the terrible 2s until they were 3, making them the terrible 3s (tyrannical 3s?). Ocean is an over-achiever and at 2 and a half is solidly in the terrible 2s. The up side to waiting a year is that Sunshine and River were a bit more mature and therefor better able to handle what life throws at them.

Ocean, on the other hand, does not have that extra bit of maturity, and we can see it in his behavior and how he reacts to different situations. Mostly he over-reacts or has completely unreasonable (though frequently amusing) expectations. Thankfully he usually calms down if we leave him alone and give him a couple minutes to process the situation.

So here's some reasons my toddler is crying:

1. I opened the string cheese package and he wanted to do it (even though he can't)
2. The apple he pulled from the bag doesn't have a stem (really. it's happened multiple times)
3. I gave the red plate that he considers his to River (it was the end of the world on that one)
4. He wanted me to carry him, but I strapped him to my back instead of carrying him in my arms- see the sad face at the top of the post
5. Bobby (his blankie) is all wet and he wants a clean bobby (Bobby is wet because he chewed on it and slobbered all over it. I swear he's teething or something- that kiddo produces so much slobber.)

No comments:

Post a Comment