Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Wood Tags for Baskets


This was an easy project that took way longer than it needed to, mostly because the little guy firmly believes that I should be holding him all the time. I don't mind holding him all the time, except that it makes it hard to get anything done.

Anyway, ever since I put the doors on the shoe bin and organized the top baskets a little better, I've been meaning to make little name tags to put on each basket.

I took some wood lattice (left over from doing the board and batten in the guest room) and cut pieces that are a little shorter than the baskets are wide. 

I drilled a hole in each end, then cut out names with my Silhouette and applied the vinyl to the pieces of wood.

I used twine to tie each tag to a basket, and that was it- I was finished!


While I was at it, I also made tags for the baskets we keep our hats and mittens in in the coat closet.

I don't know what it is about labeling things, but life just seems so much more orderly when everything is labeled :)

No comments:

Post a Comment