Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Guest Room Nightstand

While I was painting this dresser, I decided to go ahead and finally paint this nightstand. I bought it at Goodwill a year and a half ago for $3, but then let it sit around looking ugly.

Since it was also destined for the guest room, I gave it a matching coat of chalk paint. I also switched out the outdated, not-retro-enough-to-be-cool drawer pulls-- unlike the ones on the dresser, which are retro enough to be cool :). I got the replacements at Hobby Lobby for half off, but they were a silver/pewter color so I spray painted them white to match the knobs on the dresser.

It really is amazing what a difference a coat of paint makes. It looks so much better!
I'm not embarassed to have people stay in the guest room anymore :)
And one of these days I'll get the board and batten up and paint the room and it'll look even better.

No comments:

Post a Comment